Earlier this month, our CEO Ray Grainger had a guest contribution on GigaOM's WebWorkerDaily. He discusses how the landscape of the workforce is changing as seemingly everything is moving online and becoming geographically dispersed. In addition, he covers 7 tips for building a successful team of freelancers.
Here are Ray's seven tips:
- Set rules for the project, timelines and budget.
- Create a collaborative online work environment.
- Manage documents and conversations in a single place.
- Stay on top of hours throughout the project lifecycle.
- Accept changes.
- Link invoicing to actual project management.
- Offer career development and other services.
Make sure to visit WebWorkerDaily to read the post in full.
What tips do you have for building a strong freelancing team? Are there any programs other than Mavenlink that you have used and suggest?