We speak with services leaders every day. One thing is clear — services firms have a profound need for business intelligence to make sense of vast information sources. Most of their systems, even if mission critical, are often best described as silos of information storage, with people lobbing key data over very high walls.
At Mavenlink, we believe in creating a single and holistic view of your business and customer lifecycle. Not only do we offer a robust project management and resource planning solution to view all of your project delivery data, but we also allow for deep, bi-directional integrations with other critical business systems, including Salesforce.
That’s why we’re excited to announce today that once again we’ve partnered with Salesforce to bring you a new analytics product that creates alignment, not silos, in your business. Wave for Professional Services, powered by Salesforce Wave Analytics, helps you visualize critical project delivery data within Salesforce, so services leaders are able to better plan for demand while sales teams can monitor client project progress.
Keeping close tabs on project performance – including delivery, costs, and staffing – reduces risk and boosts client success. It’s the key to gaining control over project margins, improving resource utilization, enabling more accurate forecasting of revenue and costs, streamlining handoffs, and identifying project issues and opportunities. By bridging the gap between sales and services, users improve client engagements with the following actionable insights:
- View all projects in the pipeline in order to prepare for coming work
- Ensure smooth handoffs between sales and delivery teams
- Determine at-a-glance when projects are at risk or delayed
- Establish the optimal time to re-engage for check-ins and renewals
Wave for Professional Services extends the visibility of Mavenlink’s platform with six key reports:
- Mavenlink Project Delivery Dashboard - Users can visualize critical service delivery information to better understand their stages of selling, planning and delivering of services engagements.
- Issues and Opportunities Report - Account executives can gain visibility into the health of accounts, enabling them to intersect at opportune moments to drive upsells or manage customer expectations.
- Financial Insights Report - Sales teams can improve quote accuracy by reviewing past deal estimates versus actual project delivery costs.
- Project Status Report - Users can view project life cycle information, allowing sales to know when to re-engage for check-ins and renewals.
- Task Status Report - Teams can view task level information to ensure successful starts and handoffs of their accounts, and know when projects are at risk.
- Project Resources Report - Users can access insight into resources required to deliver work in the pipeline so services leaders can stay ahead and plan staff needs accordingly.
In a recent press release, Mavenlink CTO, Roger Neel, talked about the benefits. "Existing customers generate a significant amount of business and growth for technology and services organizations. By keeping sales and services data in sync, Mavenlink's Wave for Professional Services provides more visibility into ongoing client engagements than has ever been possible. It's the exact information services businesses need to deepen their client relationships."
Amie Thompson, Head of Digital Engagement, iCiDIGITAL, a Mavenlink client, also commented about the potential business impact. “Our business is all about serving our clients, and keeping tabs on new projects in the pipeline and those in progress is so important for client happiness and repeat business. We expect the Mavenlink Wave app for Professional Services to provide an increased level of visibility into client projects, resulting in better decisions, and handoffs between our Sales and Delivery teams, and that’s a really good thing.
If you’re interested in discovering the power of combining Mavenlinks award-winning cloud-based project delivery solution with the data and insights accessible within Salesforce, stop by our Dreamforce booth (#302), or schedule a personalized demo. You can also check out Wave for Professional Services on the Salesforce AppExchange.